Oracle Eloqua - changes to email and Landing Page editors
I don't know if you know, but in the near future there will be significant changes for Eloqua system users using the "old" email and landing page editors. As early as August 2019, the so-called "Eloqua Classic Email and Landing Page Design Editors", or "old" editors, will be discontinued in just 3 months.
What does this mean in practice for Eloqua users?
Some Oracle Eloqua users will not notice much difference. If:
- you were only using the new "Eloqua Email and Landing Page Design Editors" or
- you have been creating emails and LPs in HTML or
- you only need a preview without the possibility of editing and changes created earlier in the "old" email and LP editors, then the change you are making will not have much practical significance for you.
If, on the other hand, you used the "old" editors, using the "drag and drop" mechanism, and you still use emails and LPs created in this way, then you should think about building them once again in the new editors as soon as possible.
There is not much time left, because migrating or transferring the created emails and landing pages to the new editors is unfortunately not possible and it is necessary to create them from scratch..
Schedule for implementation of changes:
- In mid-May 2019 a "Release 19B" is planned by Oracle, after which customers will no longer be able to create new emails and LPs using "Classic Design Editors" or APIs
- In August 2019 a "Release 19C" is planned by Oracle, after which emails and LPs created using "Classic Design Editors" will only be available in "View-Only" mode and it will not be possible to edit them using the editor or API, meaning that you will be able to use them, but making any changes or modifications will not be possible.
If this topic has interested you and you would like to learn more or you need help solving this or any other problem with the Eloqua system, please contact us!